October 2008 Due Date Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Hello all!
TBW junkies unite! EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 12:51 pm by thefragile7393

» Friend Me (Facebook Thread)
TBW junkies unite! EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 3:40 pm by Changed

» Babies Scratching Themselves?
TBW junkies unite! EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 8:00 pm by Allibut

» Making Strange
TBW junkies unite! EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:34 pm by jencat

» PP Weight Loss Thread
TBW junkies unite! EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 10:49 am by Amy_Lynn

» Katherine Elizabeth
TBW junkies unite! EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 10:37 am by Amy_Lynn

» TBW junkies unite!
TBW junkies unite! EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 10:29 am by jencat

» Alexandra Rae's amazing hospital birth
TBW junkies unite! EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 5:19 am by Orion

» Ella Gray's Birth Story
TBW junkies unite! EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 pm by freedak

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

TBW junkies unite!

3 posters

Go down

TBW junkies unite! Empty TBW junkies unite!

Post  Changed Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:16 pm

cheers I'm trying to buy a dreamcarrier half buckle wrap conversion right now. Otherwise i'm pondering catbird baby mei tai. I really need something comfy for home. I practically stole an ellaroo aloe 3.6 a few days ago for 30 bucks... maybe that'll be good. I'll probably dye it. Laughing
Changed
Changed

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

TBW junkies unite! Empty Re: TBW junkies unite!

Post  jencat Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:33 pm

Ok, I know the BW stands for baby wearing, but what is the T? Total baby wearer?? Very Happy

While I've worn the twins a fair bit since they came home, I'm not familiar with all the many, many types of wraps! I attended a local baby wearing meeting and tried a few I like tho - BabyHawk Mei Tai, Beco Butterfly (for wearing a baby on the back)... oh, and the Maya sling wrap.

So far I found a Maya used for $15 that I'll pick up this week. And a BabyHawk for $55. I'm also going to grab a SlingEasy for $20 just because it's so cheap. Now I need a Beco Butterfly or Ergo for easy and secure back installation! I will need to wear one on the front and one on the back. Two in front is too hard on my back! I wore them for a walk last week both in they Moby and about broke my back after 1 mile!!

We also have two baby bjorns that are ok - my back ends up hurting (got them very cheap, long ago). And we have two pocket slings that I don't care for. They don't have a good, tight fit.
jencat
jencat

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Changed Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:26 am

Oh, you asked for it....

TBW is www.thebabywearer.com It's addictive, be warned!
Changed
Changed

Back to top Go down

Post  freedak Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Oh, jeez...don't even get me started! I'm up to TEN (yes, 10) different carriers! Jen, for twins, I highly recommend a wrap doubled with a Beco Butterfly...you can carry them both easily at the same time! I was babysitting an 11-month old the other day, and I wrapped up Ella in my Storch on front and put Beckett on my back with the Beco. It was great!

freedak

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Changed Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:35 am

Interesting. I posted in our soon to close DDC about it but....

I'm trying to get a silk didy and can't get the lady to answer my PM. It's a really, really hard to find LE wrap... I'm worried it's already been sold. Bowen has such sensitive skin that I'm looking for something with like, NO texture. Even my stripes didy roughed his cheeks up. Sad

I love my ergo (which I pimped out so fabulously) but I really need a bedtime wrap in the worst way. PSA- If you wrap, don't get rid of all of them until you have another on the way to you. No

I think I'll go over to my friends house and dig through her enormous pile of carriers today and find something to borrow in the meantime.
Changed
Changed

Back to top Go down

Post  jencat Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:29 am

Ahh, yes... I've been to that site. I have only really used the reviews.

Freedak - yes, I really want to find a used beco butterfly. Or an Ergo. What type of wrap is the Storch? I'm thinking if I have one twin on the back in the Beco, I would put the other in a ring sling? Or would I be able to use a Mei Tai or Moby on the front, do you think? I'm trying to figure out how I'd be able to wear both (which would go on first...) Shocked It'll be fun! I'm going to look at a used BabyHawk today!
jencat
jencat

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum