October 2008 Due Date Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Hello all!
PP Weight Loss Thread EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 12:51 pm by thefragile7393

» Friend Me (Facebook Thread)
PP Weight Loss Thread EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 3:40 pm by Changed

» Babies Scratching Themselves?
PP Weight Loss Thread EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 8:00 pm by Allibut

» Making Strange
PP Weight Loss Thread EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:34 pm by jencat

» PP Weight Loss Thread
PP Weight Loss Thread EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 10:49 am by Amy_Lynn

» Katherine Elizabeth
PP Weight Loss Thread EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 10:37 am by Amy_Lynn

» TBW junkies unite!
PP Weight Loss Thread EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 10:29 am by jencat

» Alexandra Rae's amazing hospital birth
PP Weight Loss Thread EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 5:19 am by Orion

» Ella Gray's Birth Story
PP Weight Loss Thread EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 pm by freedak

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

PP Weight Loss Thread

+7
Allibut
crosscat
starzz
Dahlea
Changed
TaraRae82
Admin
11 posters

Go down

PP Weight Loss Thread Empty PP Weight Loss Thread

Post  Admin Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:58 pm

Lets support each other in our PP weightloss.....for those of us that want to do this.

I was down to pre-pregnancy weight about a week after Calli was born but I do have weight to lose. I want to lose at least 20 lbs.

Today I have 20 lbs to go.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-10-09

https://october2008ddc.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

PP Weight Loss Thread Empty Re: PP Weight Loss Thread

Post  TaraRae82 Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:36 pm

I have 3lbs to go to get to pre-pg weight but I want to go another 10 down from there and get back to my weight on my wedding day. I looked SO awesome at that weight but for some reason it's very difficult for me to maintain. I think my silly body just likes 125. Rolling Eyes Beyond the weight thing, I have about 4" to lose in my waist...that's what I really want to focus on.
TaraRae82
TaraRae82

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Changed Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:14 pm

I haven't weighed lately... I'm sure it'd be worse before better but last I knew, I was 16 pounds from my PP weight. I really need to lose about 20-30 pounds though since I'm only 5'3. Right now I weigh about 154. I"m finally done having company and visitors so I plan to really focus on my weight loss now.
Changed
Changed

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlea Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:34 pm

I'm 30 lbs off my pp weight so I could use some help! I'd actually like to lose another 10 on top of that but we'll worry about the 30 first. I've already lost 25 and I'm EBF so that takes off a pound or so a week. I really need to get some exercise in but I can't do much with the baby. Every time I want to take a walk the dogs want to come too, and I just can't handle 1 kid in a carrier plus 2 crazy dogs.
I really want to get a Wii and get Wii Fit but won't be able to afford that until next year sometime.
Dahlea
Dahlea

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  starzz Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:49 pm

Argh. It is so tough. I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight about 2 weeks after Michaela was born (153). BUT I found that nursing made me really hungry and I also ate a lot of chocolate (stress eating) and just plain a lot of food and went up to 166! I am so upset about that! My goal weight is about 145 or so. I think I look good about there but my body seems to like to stay around 150. I just want to stay at a healthy weight. My body is quite muscular so I don't ever expect to be really ultra thin. I am just naturally a bit more stocky of a build not lanky like my husband! What I find hardest is my ravenous appetite with nursing. I hope I am able to cut back calories and continue to be nursing. Shocked

So I would say (just to keep this an even number) that starting now I have 20 lbs to lose too.
starzz
starzz

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  crosscat Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:52 pm

I lost a lot of PP weight quickly at first, which I have to attribute to breastfeeding. Going from 150 at the end of my pregnancy to 120 (I'm short, by the way) by about three weeks PP. But I haven't really lost any since then. I sometimes weigh 118 or 119, once even 116, but it always goes back to 120. I was 113 before getting pregnant. I don't know if I really am interested in trying to get back to that weight, which was actually up ten pounds from my "normal" weight. I think my current weight is fine. My shape is completely different, but I'm happy with it for the most part.

I wouldn't mind losing a few inches from my waist and tightening my tummy up. I suppose exercise will be among my New Year's Resolutions this year. So, taking it all into consideration, I'd like to lose about five pounds. Then *all* my pre-pregnancy clothes will fit more comfortably, too.
crosscat
crosscat

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-10-10

http://catbabyblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TaraRae82 Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:06 pm

nak

well, i've made it back to pre-pg weight (125)! yay! but, i still have 4" to lose in my waist (goal is 25") and at least an inch in the bra fat area as well as another 10lbs i'd love to lose. i know i can get it gone as long as dh continues to give me workout time when he gets home in the evenings. i'm feeling impatient but i'm willing to give myself until ally's first birthday before i start freaking out. i know exactly what my body requires to drop inches and it's nothing extreme so i'm comfortable working toward that goal while ebf.

let me know if i can offer any help ladies!
TaraRae82
TaraRae82

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Allibut Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:16 am

TaraRae82 wrote:nak

well, i've made it back to pre-pg weight (125)! yay! but, i still have 4" to lose in my waist (goal is 25") and at least an inch in the bra fat area as well as another 10lbs i'd love to lose. i know i can get it gone as long as dh continues to give me workout time when he gets home in the evenings. i'm feeling impatient but i'm willing to give myself until ally's first birthday before i start freaking out. i know exactly what my body requires to drop inches and it's nothing extreme so i'm comfortable working toward that goal while ebf.

let me know if i can offer any help ladies!

Wow, 25", that's impressive. Even when I was at my thinnest I think I was a 28". I know that's just because bodies are different though.

I lost all my baby weight in the 2 weeks pp. But before you all get jealous, I was very overweight to begin with, and only gained about 15 during pregnancy. I really want to start losing more so I can be healthy and happy for myself and my family, but I just hate the winter. I want to hibernate and stay inside, and my favorite way to exercise is walking. Also, Carolyn has been so fussy recently that I can rarely put her down long enough to exercise. We just got WiiFit, which is fun, and really works if you stick with it, but Carolyn doesn't like when I use it.
Allibut
Allibut

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber Lion Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:39 pm

Hi Ladies,

I just saw the reminder about this forum today! I weighed myself yesterday b/c we wanted to see if Addie had hit 13 lbs (just using a bathroom scale so she's been at 12 for a while) and I was upset to see that I'd GAINED weight!! Crying or Very sad I was down to only 4 lbs pre-pg weight and now I'm back up to 8 lbs over. Must be the holidays and the fact that I'm actually eating well again. Rolling Eyes There was a while there where I was skipping meals b/c I was too consumed with Addie, which I know isn't healthy. So I figured I'd join this thread to get some tips on how to get down to my goal, which is 135 lbs (at 158 now). That's the weight I was at when I met Dh and was in the best shape of my life so I'd like to get back there if I can. I reached that weight by either running and lifting weights or doing yoga for an hour everyday (alternated).

I just don't know HOW. I mean, ha ha, I know how... but I don't know how to fit in exercise with Addie! I try and take an hour long walk everyday, but some days it's just too difficult to get out of the house and it doesn't happen. Dh has agreed to take Addie for an hour at least 2 times a week for me to do yoga, which is great for my overall health and muscle building, but it doesn't really take off weight. I've got a jogging stroller, but Addie is a bit too young and the weather is crappy. We don't have money for a gym. Any advice?
Amber Lion
Amber Lion

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Changed Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:50 am

Weight watchers for nursing moms is really helpful for me. I'm still eating plenty *if* I use my points for healthy foods. Last night I made the most AMAZING dish with roasted potatoes, chicken breast and leeks. Totally going to be a regular meal for us... it was low cal and so good! And best, it stuck with me for a long time.

I'm down a few pounds and back to where I was before the holidays. Still have 16 pounds to lose but that's better than the 20 I had last week. Oddly, I've noticed my supply is actually UP!? I've felt really full the past few days for some reason. Maybe because I'm drinking more water... not sure. DS has learned to suck his fingers reliably now so maybe that has something to do with it.

Anyway, I feel like I'm doing really well working toward my goals and I haven't felt hungry at all in doing so. Might think about trying WW.

Tara- I finally tried your cereal. I'm so surprised how good it is! I just got the regular golean and I really love it.
Changed
Changed

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  jansamama Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm

Hello! This is my first post in this new forum.

I started a CrossFit Training Program. I love it!

It's pretty pricey but well worth it. I've only been doing it for two weeks and I already notice a difference in my waistline. I'm back to my pre-preg weight from Annie but I have an extra 20 pounds from my previous pregnancies.

I'm so excited to have the drive to get rid of it all!

jansamama

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jencat Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:46 pm

I'm with y'all... I was 135 pp, 166 at my heaviest pregnant, then down to 148 a few weeks after the birth. I decided 10 weeks ago to lose a pound a week and now I'm down to 145 (instead of 138 where I should be!) Ugh! It's SO hard!! Like many of you have said, there is no time to work out. By the time my husband gets home I'm too darn tired to want to work out! I like to work out in the morning. I have done Tae Bo a few times with the twins watching from the floor! Shocked They find it very amusing! At least until they start fussing...

So, if I don't have time to work out I should just eat less, right? Yeah, right! I have never had to diet in my life and I find it so hard to not eat when I'm hungry. I know I should eat some carrot sticks or drink a V8 but... cookies, sun chips and cheese are so much yummier!

One thing I have to remember is that I should eat when I'm hungry, not when I'm not full anymore... It's just hard with the fridge calling to me all day!

And I was hoping to get down to 130... sigh. I think maybe my metabolism slowed.
jencat
jencat

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy_Lynn Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:49 am

Oh man I need to lose some weight...

Before ever having kids I was 115 and couldn't gain weight for the world regardless of how much junk I ate. My metabolism was crazy! I had a nice curvy figure (36-26-36) and loved my body.

Then I gained 60lb with my son (oops!) and after having him, the smallest I got was to about 145. By the time I got pregnant with my daughter I was up to 165. Thanks to extreme morning sickness, I lost 30lbs and my final weigh in for my pregnancy with her was 173.

The last time I weighed myself (at my 6 week checkup) I was 153. My goal is to get down to 135 by the end of the year and a BIG part of that goal is to lose a minimum of 5 inches off my waist. IT'S 39 INCHES!! That's a HUGE difference from the 26 in it used to be! I hate it. My stomach sicken me.

So as soon as I fold my 10 loads of laundry that are on my bedroom floor (and on my exercise machine)(and yes I HATE to fold clothes) then my happy butt will get to working on getting back in shape. I just hope my husband will help to motivate me because it's hard for me to work out alone. I need to get a scale too because I've never owned one, lol. If only I could afford a gym membership and a babysitter, lol. Too bad Curves is sooo expensive. We have a GREAT one here in my town!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU AND YOUR GOALS!! YOU CAN DO IT!
Amy_Lynn
Amy_Lynn

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://www.myspace.com/ndfanatika

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down