October 2008 Due Date Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Hello all!
THe UBAC of Bowen EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 12:51 pm by thefragile7393

» Friend Me (Facebook Thread)
THe UBAC of Bowen EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 3:40 pm by Changed

» Babies Scratching Themselves?
THe UBAC of Bowen EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 8:00 pm by Allibut

» Making Strange
THe UBAC of Bowen EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:34 pm by jencat

» PP Weight Loss Thread
THe UBAC of Bowen EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 10:49 am by Amy_Lynn

» Katherine Elizabeth
THe UBAC of Bowen EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 10:37 am by Amy_Lynn

» TBW junkies unite!
THe UBAC of Bowen EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 10:29 am by jencat

» Alexandra Rae's amazing hospital birth
THe UBAC of Bowen EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 5:19 am by Orion

» Ella Gray's Birth Story
THe UBAC of Bowen EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 pm by freedak

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

THe UBAC of Bowen

+4
Busymomto8
Admin
sunshinestarr
Changed
8 posters

Go down

THe UBAC of Bowen Empty THe UBAC of Bowen

Post  Changed Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:37 pm

I am still processing all that happened so bare with me. I'm sure this will be surprising to some since few knew what my true intentions for this birth were. I just didn't feel comfortable posting that at MDC since I know so many people IRL who read and post there. My doula for one- who didn't show up and was out of town when I called her in early labor. I was furious. She offered to call her back up but since it was a weird situation, her having offered to attend a UC and all that, I didn't feel safe with her back up. My doula is a mw's assistant so her backup doula wouldn't have been able to provide the same service (and by that I mean reassurance to my DH which is why I hired her in the first place) anyway. So, it was just me, DH and my mom. My kids were asleep all except the first few hours. It's weird because it was so uneventful and natural that there is so much less mental energy involved than with all of my other births... I just haven't thought all that much about it.

Labor was 10.5 hours from the first contraction to birth. Transition was the worst I've ever had by a long shot... about 2 hours total. I didn't push at all- just breathed through 2 contractions. DH caught. 6 pounds 8 ounces and completely in the sac. I tore the sac with my hands as his head delivered because DH was a little freaked out about it exploding on him. The labor was hard and very painful but the actual birth was easy and fairly painless with a lot of pressure. No tearing at all. Placenta took it's time and I ended up having to take some homeopathics and pull it out myself. I think I just waited too long and the cervix closed too much. It had been about 90 minutes and I had no urge to push it out. I could feel it sitting there, detached. We cut the somewhat short cord so I could work on that and while DH held him. It came, finally, whole and HUGE. It was almost as big as my baby. We encapsulated half and made 2 large smoothies with the rest. I took pictures of everything and a birth video that I haven't watched yet but may someday share.

Things are great, just busy. Thank you for the well wishes, advice and support. Very Happy Wonderful, amazing UBAC!

Baby Bowen
Changed
Changed

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

THe UBAC of Bowen Empty Wow

Post  sunshinestarr Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:58 am

Hey.. I wanted to reply yesterday when I read your birth story but didn't get a chance. Congratulations!! Sounds like a wonderful birth, although I'm sorry your doula didn't make it.

I'm in awe of UCers! You are amazing!

sunshinestarr

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

THe UBAC of Bowen Empty Re: THe UBAC of Bowen

Post  Admin Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:50 am

Congratulations, Mama!!! You did it! How very awesome! Sounds like a very trying but empowering birth experience. You should be soooooo proud of yourself! Welcome baby Bowen!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-10-09

https://october2008ddc.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Busymomto8 Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:21 pm

Congratulations!! I enjoyed reading your story. I secretly fantasized about an UC this time, but once I found out my favorite mw was the one on call I decided to hold off on pushing till she got here.

Busymomto8

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  TaraRae82 Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:38 pm

How wonderful! I figured you must've had some reservations about posting details of your birth on MDC. I could sense your unease (is that a word?) Anyway, it sounds like a beautiful and very peaceful birth. Congrats mama!
TaraRae82
TaraRae82

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  myrmom Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:27 pm

Amazing!!! What a beautiful birth story, you should be proud of yourself and of your Dh sounds like he came through for you despite his fears.

Bowen is a beautiful name!!

Thanks for sharing with us.
myrmom
myrmom

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  Baby_Cakes Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:49 pm

I finally get around to coming here to post and wow, I'm so happy I did! What an amazing story! A belated congrats to you, mama, I'm so happy for you!!!
Baby_Cakes
Baby_Cakes

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Changed Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:59 pm

Thanks everyone! Hard to believe it's only been 8 weeks. It feels like ages ago!
Changed
Changed

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy_Lynn Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:04 pm

That sounds wonderful! I'm glad everything went smoothly for you!!! Congrats!
Amy_Lynn
Amy_Lynn

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://www.myspace.com/ndfanatika

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum