October 2008 Due Date Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Hello all!
Anyone gain weight while breastfeeding? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 12:51 pm by thefragile7393

» Friend Me (Facebook Thread)
Anyone gain weight while breastfeeding? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 3:40 pm by Changed

» Babies Scratching Themselves?
Anyone gain weight while breastfeeding? EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 8:00 pm by Allibut

» Making Strange
Anyone gain weight while breastfeeding? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:34 pm by jencat

» PP Weight Loss Thread
Anyone gain weight while breastfeeding? EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 10:49 am by Amy_Lynn

» Katherine Elizabeth
Anyone gain weight while breastfeeding? EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 10:37 am by Amy_Lynn

» TBW junkies unite!
Anyone gain weight while breastfeeding? EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 10:29 am by jencat

» Alexandra Rae's amazing hospital birth
Anyone gain weight while breastfeeding? EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 5:19 am by Orion

» Ella Gray's Birth Story
Anyone gain weight while breastfeeding? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 pm by freedak

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Anyone gain weight while breastfeeding?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone gain weight while breastfeeding? Empty Anyone gain weight while breastfeeding?

Post  starzz Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:26 pm

I was at my pre-pregnancy weight about 2 weeks after Micahela's birth but soon after that gained 10lbs! Michaela went through a growing spurt and for some reason just made me insatiable! I was and sometimes do eat more than my 6foot 3 husband! I really want to get down to a little below my pre-pregnancy weight. Right now I weigh as much as I did when I was 28 weeks pregnant! Crying or Very sad

I have heard other places that some women can't lose the last bit of pregnancy weight until after weaning. But gaining weight while BF? I hadn't heard of that. I am eating pretty healthy-lots of rice, nuts, healthy fats, eggs and veggies. With a good does of dark chocolate. I hope I am not emotionally eating. Having a baby sure does add a bit of stress to one's life. I didn't know how tiring a 24-7 job is with a LO.

Well, if anyone has heard of this or experienced it I would appreciate any thoughts! TIA!

~jessica

Last edited by starzz on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
starzz
starzz

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Anyone gain weight while breastfeeding? Empty Re: Anyone gain weight while breastfeeding?

Post  Dahlea Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:28 pm

I haven't gained any, but I'm still 35 pounds above my pp weight! It's just not coming off even though my boy eats ALL the time. It's kind of annoying-people made it sound like this magical diet.
Dahlea
Dahlea

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Anyone gain weight while breastfeeding? Empty Re: Anyone gain weight while breastfeeding?

Post  Baby_Cakes Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:36 am

There was one week when I did gain a few lbs, but since I've been really really watching what I'm eating (even if I'm watching myself eat chocolate or cookeis) is helping. Write down everything you eat. That way if/when it is a growth spurt, you can eat those extra calories, and then go back to your old eating habits once it settles down.

I'm still a good 25 lbs over where I want to be. It's getting annoying. But it's only been 2 months, and I told myself I would give it 5 months to get the weight off. You can do it. Be kind to yourself, you (we all) will get there.
Baby_Cakes
Baby_Cakes

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  ~Stephanie~ Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:56 am

I have never been able to take off all the baby weight until after I stop breastfeeding. I have learned to live with the extra pounds, but it is a little depressing when you hear other women say that breastfeeding just "melted" off the pounds. Evil or Very Mad It also is a difficult time of year to lose weight with the holidays and just not being able to get outside much. (here in MI) I think we have about 2 feet of snow already with another snow storm coming in tonight. affraid

I know for me also I am afraid of not getting enough calories to produce good milk for my babies. I don't want to cut back too much and have my milk suffer.
~Stephanie~
~Stephanie~

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post  starzz Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:42 pm

Thanks gals. I guess I will just have to watch my portions a bit more. I kind of thought that it might be easier since bf means using up an extra 500 cal. a day. But my hunger more than compensates I guess. Maybe my body is just afraid of losing too much and compensates to make sure that I have an extra layer. Well, the BF is a season and it is worth it for Michaela.
tongue
starzz
starzz

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down